With over fifteen years experience in working with the Internet, Marie-Emmanuelle HAAS developed her expertise within this field and over the years has published numerous articles on domain names, trademarks and the Internet.
She published comments on the first French Courts’ decisions on domain names and has continued to do so ever since. She speaks at conferences and gives training courses on Intellectual Property and Digital Law.
- April 1998: Marie-Emmanuelle HAAS published « La jurisprudence française sur les conflits entre noms de domaine et marques » (French jurisprudence in domain name and trademark disputes), the first ever article that summarised the situation at the time concerning domain names (Gazette du Palais, Gazette du droit des technologies avancées, 19-21 April 1998 pp.30)
- For the last sixteen years: she has written numerous articles in reference publications (Le Journal du net, groupe RF, Propriété Industrielle edited by Lexis Nexis, Proprété Intellectuelle edited by IRPI (Intellectual Property Research Institute) …) as well as professional magazines (L’Usine nouvelle, Expertises…) either on line or in publications such as, for example, an article on the origins of the UDRP procedure, published on www.domainesinfo.fr in 2009 or another entitled « New TLD’s: a threat or an opportunity? » about new TLD’s, published in 2011 on www.country-index.com, edited by the German company S.M.D Markeur
- In 2004: Marie-Emmanuelle HAAS published an article about the first decision on keywords « La Bourse des vols » in Legipresse (n°208, January/February 2004, pp 13)
- 2007 to present day: monthly column on .EU domain names disputes, in the Law review Propriété Industrielle
- 2009 to present day: annual comment on Domain Name French Law and jurisprudence in the Law review Propriété Industrielle