Marie‐Emmanuelle HAAS, intellectual property and digital law Attorney at Law
Pioneer of alternative dispute resolution and domain name Law, Marie-Emmanuelle HAAS has developed a recognized practice of Intellectual Property and Digital Law, both in France and abroad. Her scope covers registration procedures of IP rights, advice, pre-litigation or litigation.
Her clients appreciate how she analyses each situation on the Internet in all its complexity and gives the most operational answers.
Marie-Emmanuelle HAAS serves as an expert for the resolution of domain name disputes and regularly renders decisions: view decisions. She also is Arbitrator for Intellectual Property disputes at the Hong Kong International Arbitration Center (HKIAC) and she has been elected, since May 2018, member of the board of EURid (registry of the .eu country code top-level domains) and is an Independant Member of EURid Strategic Committee since June 2016.
ME HAAS’s Law firm services:
Digital LawMaximise your Digital Potential
Organise and protect your Domain Names and Brands to increase their value
Whether you are a startup company, an SME or an institution, the Law firm ME HAAS can assist you in all aspects of the digital world, helping you with:
- Creating a strong web presence and attracting clients
- Dominating your market share
- Securing and protecting your financial partners investments
- Dispute resolutions
- Protection, monitoring, increasing the value of and protecting your intangible assets: domain names, brands, copyrights, designs and models, databases, software …
- Efficient use of Digital Law
The law firm ME HAAS is ranked:
- Since 2016 in The Best Lawyers in France in the field of Intellectual Property Law
- Since 2017 in the WTR 1000 as a « recommended experts » in France by the World Trademark Review.
- Since 2021 by the French magazine Décideurs as having a reputable practice in the “Industrial Property – Trademarks Litigation” category
Marie-Emmanuelle HAAS was reelected on the EURid’s Board of Directors in May 2022 for another four-year term.
Marie-Emmanuelle HAAS has been selected again as an expert by AFNIC (registry of the .fr country code top-level domain) for the PARL Expert procedure for another three years, as of May 2022.
Marie-Emmanuelle HAAS has been recognized by the famous international directory WTR 1000 2022 in the category “recommended individual” in Intellectual property. « Marie-Emmanuelle Haas, founder and head honcho of ME HAAS, is a leading light on all things Internet, having specialised in the area since as early as the 1990s. She is an arbitrator for IP disputes at the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre and a panellist for the resolution of domain name disputes before various bodies, including WIPO, rendering on average one decision every month. Clients say she is “a pleasure to work with, takes matters seriously and never misses deadlines”.
Marie-Emmanuelle HAAS has been recognized in the 2022 ranking of the French magazine Décideurs as having a reputable practice in the “Industrial Property – Trademarks Litigation” category.
– 09/24/2021: co-chair of the conference organized by APRAM ” Après 25 ans d’Internet : une régulation est-elle possible ? DSA – DMA : mirage ou réponse ? “ – Maison des Arts et Métiers, 9 bis avenue d´Iéna, Paris 16th
– 10/05/2021 : training at the IEEPI (European Institute of Enterprise and Intellectual Property) in Paris “Maîtriser les contrats marques”
« Un an de droit français des noms de domaine et des marques sur Internet », article by Marie-Emmanuelle HAAS and published in Propriété industrielle, No. 6 of June 2022, annual comment based on the analysis of 45 decisions rendered in 2021 (in French). The first comment was published in 2009.
Podcast « #9 How to protect your trademark on the Internet and abroad? » (in French), from the Juritools program, by the Groupe Revue Fiduciaire, online since May 25, 2022.
Podcast « #8 How to choose your trademark? » (in French), from the Juritools program, by the Groupe Revue Fiduciaire, online since May 18, 2022.
Marie-Emmanuelle HAAS contributed to the 2022 update of the publication « Maîtriser le RGPD dans l’entreprise » published by the Groupe Revue Fiduciaire in its collection « Pratiques d’expert ».