Marie‐Emmanuelle HAAS, intellectual property and digital law Attorney at Law
Pioneer of alternative dispute resolution and domain name Law, Marie-Emmanuelle HAAS has developed a recognized practice of Intellectual Property and Digital Law, both in France and abroad. Her scope covers registration procedures of IP rights, advice, pre-litigation or litigation.
Her clients appreciate how she analyses each situation on the Internet in all its complexity and gives the most operational answers.
Marie-Emmanuelle HAAS serves as an expert for the resolution of domain name disputes and regularly renders decisions: view decisions. She also is Arbitrator for Intellectual Property disputes at the Hong Kong International Arbitration Center (HKIAC) and elected in May 2018 member of the board of EURid (registry of the .eu country code top-level domains). She was elected before, in June 2016, Independant Member of EURid Strategic Committee.
ME HAAS’s Law firm services:
Maximise your Digital Potential
Organise and protect your Domain Names and Brands to increase their value
Whether you are a startup company, an SME or an institution, the Law firm ME HAAS can assist you in all aspects of the digital world, helping you with:
- Creating a strong web presence and attracting clients
- Dominating your market share
- Securing and protecting your financial partners investments
- Dispute resolutions
- Protection, monitoring, increasing the value of and protecting your intangible assets: domain names, brands, copyrights, designs and models, databases, software …
- Efficient use of Digital Law
The Law office ME HAAS is ranked each year as of 2016 by BEST LAWYERS in the category “Intellectual property”, as well as by WTR 2017 and WTR 1000 2018 in the category “Recommended individual” for Intellectual property.
– Marie-Emmanuelle HAAS was elected member of the board of EURid (registry of the .eu country code top-level domains), in May 2018.
– Marie-Emmanuelle HAAS has been recognized as a “recommended expert” in Intellectual Property in France by the renowned international legal directory World Trademark review WTR 1000 2018: « It’s rare to find lawyers who are as impressive on the advisory side as they are on the enforcement side but Marie-Emmanuelle Haas of ME HAAS is. Her track record in the courtroom is incredible. She’s a true expert when it comes to internet issues, especially those related to domain names; her knowledge in that area is indisputable. Clients love her because she familiarises herself effectively with their priorities and provides pragmatic solutions that work for them; also, although she’s always humble and respectful, she isn’t afraid to be strong in recommending something when she believes it would be in her client’s best interests. That’s something to be valued. Finally, she’s truly international in her outlook and fluent in English and German ».
In 2017, WTR 1000 2017 described her as « A true domain-name dynamo. She has an impressive alternative dispute resolution toolbox at her disposal ».
– Interview in French Trademark Office’s website (https://www.inpi.fr/fr): “Brands in the digital economy: protection and usage“
2018/04/12: training at the IRPI (Institut de Recherche en Propriété Intellectuelle) in Paris: « Le nom de domaine au service de l’entreprise » (The Domain Name to help the business).
« Un an de droit français des noms de domaine », article published by Marie-Emmanuelle HAAS in Propriété Industrielle, N°6 – June 2018 – Annual comment based on the analysis of 92 decisions rendered in 2017.
« Domains and Domain Names 2018 » France, published in Getting the Deal Through*
« Brands in the Digital economy », written by Marie-Emmanuelle HAAS and published in the INPI study « The intellectual property and the digital transformation of the economy » prefaced by Axelle Lemaire France’s Secretary of State for Digital.